Senior Evidence Handling Analyst
Job Code : 1103
Division : Epiq eDiscovery Solutions (EDS)
Location : London London UK EC2R 8DU
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Legal
Job Description :
The Senior Evidence Handling Analyst works as a member of the Operations team within Epiq's Electronic Discovery division in London, UK. This is a role for someone who has developed a high level of expertise and experience particularly in the left-hand side of the EDRM operational workflow as practiced at Epiq Systems. The purpose of this position is to provide hands-on operational support, pass on expertise to associates, support learning and development, ensure best practices and quality standards are applied and adhered to, whilst also acting as an individual contributor within Operations on the full range of activities and tasks applicable to evidence collection, handling and management.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Utilise proprietary software applications, 3rd party forensic and eDiscovery applications, electronic discovery and data recovery processes.
- Participate in evidence collections; handle and create evidential media in a legally defensible manner.
- Work closely with team members to troubleshoot issues (prior to escalation to operations senior management and/or IT/Development), research software and/or techniques to solve problems, and carry out complex data analysis tasks.
- Communicate and collaborate with other company departments.
- Generate reports from various database platforms for senior management.
- Become a subject-matter expert (SME) in the left-hand side of the EDRM as practiced at Epiq Systems. Make SME available by consulting on projects, planning meetings, client requirements and solution design as required.
- Create and lead training sessions for Associates in SME areas as requested by Management. Be responsible for the creation and management of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for their SME areas, including but not limited to policies, procedures, workflows and work instructions. Ensure reference documentation is maintained and easily findable. Contribute to the development and implementation of a Knowledge Management (KM) strategy.
- Manage, drive, and implement department initiatives around planning, documentation, procedures and Continuous Improvement, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Promote the company’s culture and values through leadership-by-example, group interaction, and frequent one-on-one coaching with associates at every level.
Job Requirements :
Requirements for the role include:
- At least three years’ experience working in an industry-related role that is review-based, deadline driven and outcome oriented including a solid understanding of the data collection, processing, litigation support and document review processes.
- Hands-on experience with industry standard forensic software, maintenance of chain of evidence and handling of evidential media.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time in support of onsite evidence collections, including overseas.
- Must possess a strong desire to learn new skills.
- Must display excellent verbal and written communication.
- Must work well in a team environment but also independently.
- Demonstrable experience implementing process improvement and compliance.
- Must have a demonstrable ability to effectively lead and manage the productivity of the team, incidents, and drive to problem resolutions.
- Must be able to facilitate solutions across departments and teams in a collaborative manner.
- Must be able to anticipate and prevent problems while assisting in managing incidents to resolution.
- Experience of working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, situational awareness and organizational agility skills.
- Must be self-directed and foster initiative in others.
- Must be able to translate larger business goals into actionable items for their team.
- Demonstrable experience with training and developing team members using an inspirational and motivational approach that aligns with Epiq’s unique organizational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management or a closely related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience, OR;
- A degree or certification in law or a legal field (complemented by suitable technical expertise)
- Experience of collaborating across shifts is desirable.
- A solid understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, Windows, Mac, Linux, server OS, hardware & networking.
- Familiarity with the eDiscovery industry – Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM), technology, global legal framework and competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of litigation support software, including any of the following: DocuMatrix, Relativity, Concordance, Summation, Ipro, Ringtail, and Introspect.
- Deep experience of computer forensics, collections and evidence handling – including formal certifications if available.
- Coaching for Results - Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and/or skill areas necessary to accomplish specific objectives or tasks; helps to clarify the situation and expected behaviors; provides instruction and opportunities for observation; provides on-going feedback and reinforcement
- Managing Performance - Ensures that associates have clear goals and objectives, expectations and measures of success for projects and tasks; clearly assigns or delegates responsibility for tasks and assignments; monitors the process of work as well as progress toward completion and final results; provides specific performance feedback, both positive and corrective, as soon as possible after event
- Developing Others - Provides support and direction towards the development of individuals’ knowledge and skills to effectively facilitate their accomplishment of both current and future job responsibilities; partners with individuals on identifying and setting development goals; helps to identify development opportunities as part of the plan; provides continuous feedback on performance and progress and assists in the adjustment of development plans; ensures management team adheres to business defined talent management practices and procedures
- Fosters Teamwork - provides opportunities for people to learn to work together as a team; promotes cooperation with other departments; recognizes and encourages the behaviors that contribute to teamwork, continuous support and removal of barriers, appropriately involves team members in decisions and leverages unique talents of the team
- Empowering Others - Gives people latitude to make decisions based on their level and area of responsibility and level of knowledge and skills; encourages individuals and groups to set their own goals, consistent with business goals; expresses confidence in the ability of others to be successful; encourages groups to resolve problems on their own; avoids prescribing a solution
Epiq Systems solves problems faced by the legal profession in managing high volume, complex electronic data. We serve corporations and law firms around the world in practice areas spanning bankruptcy, litigation, class action, mass tort, antitrust, investigations and regulatory compliance.
Epiq combines proprietary software, deep subject matter expertise and a global infrastructure to assist clients with the technology requirements for their most important and complex matters. Our clients include top worldwide law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and trustees.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
Epiq is a NASDAQ listed company (EPIQ) with over 1400 associates worldwide. Epiq operates globally with key offices in Hong Kong, Kansas City (corporate headquarters), London, New York, Phoenix, Shanghai (data center only), Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.